Vacancy at YEF Abuja Office
Job Profile – Program Officer
The person must possess a Masters Degree certificate in Public Health (MPH) or M.Sc in any social science related courses. More so, an applicant with NGO job experience is an added advantage.
The role of the Program Officer is to plan, execute, and participate in finalizing program activities according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the effort of the team members and third party contractor or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan.
Post holder reports to: Program Manager, Executive Secretary
Direct and manage project development from beginning to end
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support strategic plan in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Develop full scale project plan and associated communication documents
- Effectively communicate project expectation to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis
- Understand and implement budgeting needed to achieve project goals
- Draft and submit budget proposals and recommend subsequent budget alteration where necessary
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholder
- Delegate task and responsibilities to appropriate staff
- Track project milestones and deliverables
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposal and presentation
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plan
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to parties involved throughout the project cycle
- Coach, monitor, motivate and supervise program team members and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management
Interested candidates should send their cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org latest Thursday 28th of April 2016.